Nexans at Caspian Oil & Gas Conference
June 5-6th, 2013 - Baku, Azerbaijan
Nexans has participated of the at 20th Caspian Oil & Gas Conference as Bronze Sponsor. The Conference is one of the most significant international oil and gas events where the very topical issues of bi-lateral and multi-lateral energy relations and global energy security are discussed.
Caspian Oil & Gas Conference is one of the most significant international oil and gas events where the very topical issues of bi-lateral and multi-lateral energy relations and global energy security are discussed. Participation in the conference enables the evaluation of both new trends in the oil and gas market and potential opportunities in the region, including issues of co-operation, the prospects for the solution of global energy security issues and large investment projects.
Main Conference Topics
- Azerbaijan as the key to energy supply and security in Eurasia
- Volatility of global oil markets: its impact on gas pricing and long-term contracts
- International cooperation to increase the resource base and diversify supply routes
- Securing supply to world markets
- Transportation solutions to diversify supply routes from the Caspian region
- Expanding the resource base: oil and gas exploration in Azerbaijan
- Major projects update: how to increase production and satisfy market demand
- Expanding the refining and petrochemical capacity of the oil and gas industry in Azerbaijan
- Investing in the Caspian oil and gas sector - opportunities for international investors in the region
- How world oil markets could develop at a time of global financial crises
- IEA forecasts on supply and demand dynamics for the Caspian region in the next decade
- Ecological standards in upstream and downstream operations
During the conference high-ranking officials of different countries, heads of state oil and gas authorities, large exporters and importers of energy resources, heads and leading specialists of international organisations and largest oil and gas companies, scientific specialists and research fellows, financial and industry analysts, international lawyers, specialist advisors and management consultants and others made over 40 presentations and speeches. More than 500 delegates participated to the conference.
Nexans representative Pascal Amigouet presented “Innovation in cable technology for complex offshore environments in Azerbaijan”.